Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Appropriation: A Tribute to Andy Warhol and Marilyn Monroe





I wanted to re-do something from someone who has already re-done it!  I just thought it would be extra sassy to do so.  So, who else to copy and create from?  I would say the perfect fit is Andy Warhol!  I took the original photos of myself (in hopes to capture a Marilyn Monroe vibe), and the soup can previous to the editing.  Then I spent sometime trying to re-create a silkscreen essence for the finished work.  The one black and white photograph seems odd and out of place in comparison to the rest of the images, however, that actual picture, along with the others, were the main source of my inspiration.  So I added it in.  Plus, while researching photos from the era, many Marilyn Monroe photos had that similar black and white style. So why not?  I say.  I like variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment