Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Photographer Interview: David Paul Larson

Did you attend any schooling for photography, or any subject of art? Grad school?
Larson: I double majored in Photography and Marketing Communications from Columbia College Chicago.

Did you have any internships prior to obtaining a “real” job or career? If so, did the internship help you learn additional information?
Larson: I assisted top photographers for many years before going on my own.

How long have you been into photography? If your work (job) consists of taking photographs, do you ever spend time on your own artwork/projects? If so, how much time?
Larson: I have been a photographer for eight years. I spend at least 25 days a month working on my own art projects.

Was it hard finding a job in the field of photography?
Larson: Everything about this career is challenging. From starting out in assisting to starting out in photography. You must love this job before it ever gives anything back to you.

If you intend to sell your own photography, how would you go about it? What medium would you choose, digital or framed work? Why?
Larson: I sell framed prints all the time. I license digital images for clients all over the world as well.

What would you consider to be the key to success in the field of photography?
Larson: I would tell every student to assist a top photographer and learn everything they can from them. Then after many years of that…go on their own.

Check Out David Paul Larson:  www.davidpaullarson.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment