Saturday, October 1, 2011

Turkiye!

So, I'm still in Istanbul and it's been way too long before I have decided to write a blog!  The first couple of days were super hectic because of the wedding.  The wedding ended up being fun, I got to see most of family that lives in Turkey and that is always a good thing.  The Sunday after the wedding was a rest day for me.  I had jet lag like crazy.  Turkey is 7 hours ahead of PA, so my time was really off.

The next couple of days were devoted to some financial junk that needed to taken care of, and then, the tourist events began!  I visited the Blue Mosque, Topkapi, and the wonderful Hagia Sophia!  It was the first time I visited the Hagia Sophia and it was spectacular!!!  I wish you guys could have seen it too.  I have a ton of pictures to show everyone, but the laptop I have here cannot handle RAW images at all, so I have to wait until I get home to dump the images onto my other computer.

The bad news is, well the really bad news, they wouldn't let me take the 4x5 on the plane!!!  It was considered another "carry on" and if I chose to take the camera, then I had to leave my actual carry on which was full of wedding gifts!  I tried to send it with the other luggage but it was $200 plus extra cash for the weight!  Oh, and, they only actually accepted cash, no credit.  UNBELIEVABLE!  It ruined my trip, and also ruined my 4x5 project :(

It is now Saturday night here and I fly home on Tuesday.  Everyone's pictures looked great and I wish I could have been there for the critique.  Can't wait to see everyone, I miss the states!  See you guys on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment